Pages

https://www.google.com/calendar?tab=Xc

Thursday 25 August 2011

The 1st Step to starting your business

The biggest thing about starting your own business is to choose something that you are truly passionate about.

There are many questions that you need to ask yourself to make sure that you are going into the right business for yourself.

Why is this important?

Well, the biggest reason is if you do not love the business that you are doing you will not be as successful as you could be.



What ways can you go about picking what sort of business you want to run?

Here are some great questions to ask yourself before you get started on your first idea:

* What are my interests and hobbies?
* Which of those can be turned into a potential business?
* How am I going to make money doing what I love?
* What sort of startup cost is needed to start this business?
* How soon will I be able to start making money doing this as a job?

The best example of this I can think of is myself, because that is what I am most familiar with. I decided that I wanted to work on the Internet for a living. I had no idea what I thought I wanted to do once I got on the Internet, I just knew that it is where my interest and passion was. I dabbled in and out of doing things such as internet marketing, tried selling my photography online, and many different ideas. I lost some money and I had a stable income besides that so everything was ok.

Then I got to the point where I knew I had to make the plunge. I had been doing some writing online in my part time and always wanted to “blog” for a living. I thought that it would be a lot of fun. I didn’t know how much work it would be – but I quickly learned the ropes of writing online and secured a few long term gigs.

Why is this an important story? Well I found something that I was passionate about, I love business, technology, and productivity and luckily there is a big market for that sort of knowledge and content online. I found out the best way to market myself to members on forums, the startup cost was nothing more than my time, and I could start making money in the first week.

Writing out a plan, brainstorming ideas, and finding a true passion are the best steps to a change in lifestyle, whether your career or your personal life. Find a passion, then live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment